You got a high fever today and that was cause for more panic, excitement - frayed nerves and high tempers all around. I demanded for a car to be arranged to drive you to the doc - the regular trike would have gotten us all wet. Mom and relatives generally moved at their own pace and that was troublesome. When it comes to you, I get a bit excited and brush people the wrong way. So it was expected that mom and I would exchange a bit of spit fire. When that happened, I called India to speak to my own kind and found out that Granjiyamma's condition is not so good.
She fell down in her bathroom a couple days ago, fractured her thigh and is currently in the ICU with multiple problems of various kinds. This one is after her last year's accident when she had fallen off the stairs. That last one apparently wasn't enough for us to arrange a round the clock help for her. She's the one that took care of us while we were babies ourselves, and there's no way I can have her not see you in your infanthood.
It's 11 in the night right now, and your temperature has come down back to normal. Surely don't want another round of hospital stays for all of us. That too just two days before your baptismal is planned.
My courage is really worn thin today and it's proving to be very hard being in an alien country. Hope things will work out fine for us here, and also we would see Granjiyaamma all hale & hearty at Parul Bua's wedding on 9th Dec. Let's pray.
No comments:
Post a Comment